Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Secure Access IVE on VMWare

MRK_
New Contributor

Juniper Secure Access IVE on VMWare

Hi All,

I am looking for a Emulator for Juniper Secure Access to get some hands on experience.

Did any one have / tired to install a IVE on VMWare ? like Olive for the Juniper routers,

Let me know if any thing exists like that.

6 REPLIES 6
MRK_
New Contributor

Re: Juniper Secure Access IVE on VMWare

Any input on this is highly appreciated

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

To the best of my knowledge there is no VMWare emulator. If there was it would also be in violation of the Juniper licensing agreement.

In addition, unless there was some type of super magical code hack it would not be of any value as you need a license key from Juniper to do almost anything on an SSL box.

mtessier_
Frequent Contributor

Hi MRK,

Juniper does have virtual machines available for testing and demonstration purposes. The VM can be loaded in VMware ESXi and I would presume in VMware Workstation / Player.

My company has access to the IVE VM as part of our maintenance plan for our 6500's and 4500's. I can't say for sure whether or not a non-customer would be allowed to download it. I'll grab a link to the EULA and you can have a look.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/software-license.html

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

The VMWare SA virtual appliance was released in July 2010. It is a great tool, especially for a reseller (as my company is) as demos are far easier to do. However, the code can only be downloaded by Juniper customers who have a current support contract.

Anyone who does not have a current contract will need to work through a Juniper reseller who can assist them in procuring a copy of the download for evaulation purposes.

Era_
Occasional Contributor

Where can i find VM image if i have valid support contract?
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

http://www.juniper.net/support/products/sa/dteva/

Note - this is for demo only and is NOT supported by JTAC.