cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Setup Client System Error when upgrading Pulse

dcvers_
Regular Contributor

Juniper Setup Client System Error when upgrading Pulse

We are piloting an upgrade from 7.10R10 to 7.4R8 and a number of users have reported the following error when they click on Upgrade for the Pulse client:

"System Error

Please Sign in and try again" (screenshot below)

Juniper Setup Client - System Error.png

I've found a few KBs about a similar message saying failed download message but nothing the same as the above.

During my testing I tested the upgrade many times on different machines with different IDs but never saw this message. Any ideas what might be causing it?

3 REPLIES 3
wit_
Not applicable

Re: Juniper Setup Client System Error when upgrading Pulse

Bump. Have a couple users who got this same exact message while trying to launch/install Junos Pulse v5.0.1.41197 via the web portal of a Mag-4610. Does anybody have a solution/fix ?

dcvers_
Regular Contributor

I never found a solution or root cause but we did find it was only happening if the user tried to connect from the internal LAN (so via our proxy). When they connected externally the upgrade worked without any problems. It was mainly IT guys doing it this way so we decided to go ahead anyway but make sure the helpdesks knew the workaround (only upgrade externally).

Kita_
Valued Contributor

The key would be reviewing the client side debug logs to understand why the setup client could not upgrade.  Normally, this will occur when the SA/MAG software has been upgraded as the setup client is tied to each build.  If the Pulse client was only upgraded via the SA/MAG, this would be another issue.

If you have a case open with JTAC, please feel free to PM the case number and I will try and assist from this side.