Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JuniperSetupClientControl is currently in use

SOLVED
RobertN_
Occasional Contributor

JuniperSetupClientControl is currently in use

Users are getting this error, after we have upgraded to 7.1r2:

JuniperSetupClientControl is currently in use, please close all the Internet Explorer windows and try again. If problem still exists, please reboot your machine.

Problem is the user reboots and gets the same error. Users have rebooted numerous times without clearing this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobertN_
Occasional Contributor

Re: JuniperSetupClientControl is currently in use

Found solution.

Not all users had this issue. These users were on customer machines with locked down IE and not user priv on the desktop.

User opened IE>Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Manage add-ons.

Select the JuniperSetupClientControl Control and "Disable".

Exit the browser and connect to SSLVPN, then the Citrix site. The JuniperSetupClientControl will download from the server and the user will gain access to the citrix site. Have the user repeat the steps above and enable JuniperSetupClientControl.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobertN_
Occasional Contributor

Found solution.

Not all users had this issue. These users were on customer machines with locked down IE and not user priv on the desktop.

User opened IE>Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Manage add-ons.

Select the JuniperSetupClientControl Control and "Disable".

Exit the browser and connect to SSLVPN, then the Citrix site. The JuniperSetupClientControl will download from the server and the user will gain access to the citrix site. Have the user repeat the steps above and enable JuniperSetupClientControl.

mtessier_
Frequent Contributor

Hi Robert,

I have a user with the exact same symptom that you reported. I cannot remove the JuniperSetupClientControl object from IE for some reason. He is getting the "JuniperSetupClientControI is currently in use..." error. I am hoping that you can expand on the solution that you posted.

Specifically, what do you mean by "Exit the browser and connect to SSLVPN, then the Citrix site." ?

I'm curious how Citrix factors into the equation.

Any details that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I've spent about two hours trying to get this machine working.

Thanks!

jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Hi,

Please check if the setup client active X is present under C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files, please delete that and try again

To access the citrix site through the Juniper, it needs to be able to use the active X to download the Juniper citrix terminal services client to the client machine

The same applies when installing network connect,host checker component via internet explorer, the Juniper setupclient active X needs to be installed and in usable state

Regards,

Jai