cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junos Pulse download prevention

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Junos Pulse download prevention

Recently my team has upgraded from 6.3R7 to 7.3R7 to push Junos Pulse.  We have found that the Junos Pulse client works flawlessly throughout our environment, but it comes at a price.

Users who were accustomed to downloading the client every time they connect to the vpn, tend to still do that now with the Junos Pulse client even though they only need do it once.

We have had to turn off the "push" of tour custom JunosPulse client in order not to cause any confusion for most customers.

Is there anything on the SA4500 to prevent users from downloading the client again or to alert a user that the client is already installed on their device once it has been previously installed?

Any and all response are greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Junos Pulse download prevention

Have you tried turning off option "Enable web installation and automatic upgrade of Junos Pulse Clients" under system maintenance options.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Are you saying that you use the web portal to deliver the configured Pulse client but users continue to user the web portal to connect out of habit rather than connecting via the Pulse icon in the system tray? That kind of defeats the purpose of having a standalone, browser independent, java free client.

Have you considered doing something like creating a Host Checker policy that will detect the running Pulse process and, if present, map the user to a role that provides no connectivity but has instructions on how to properly connect via the Pulse icon? 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

JayLaiz

I have tried this, but this did not give the effect of what I was hoping for. Users are still "confusing themselves"