hi @ amullheirn,
Yes, OAC refers to the Odyssey Access Client.
If you are not able to install using the MSI file, there is something else occuring; but i don't know what/where (i haven't seen that one yet).
does your events/system/application log show you any reason for the failure when running the MSI? can you add/remove other drivers/adapters without issue?
I'm having the exact same issue on two of my workstations. One is a Win7 x64 Pro system that is our standard corporate image. User upgraded to the 7.1r2 client build after our j4500 firmware was updated. The next day a contractor who has never used Juniper prior had the same issue after installing pulse. I had him run the pulse cleaner tool as supplied by support and reinstall. Same issue. I'm attaching excerpts from his windows event logs.
Specifically he is getting an msiexec error.
Manager Add-On. Product Version: 2.0.10059. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Juniper Networks. Installation success or error status: 1603.Information,25/07/2011 4:59:08 PM,MsiInstaller,11708,None,Product: Junos Pulse Netshim/Tunnel Manager/IPSec Manager Add-On -- Installation failed._
Unfortunately, I can't see anything either.
At this point the best option will be to use a JTAC case for investigation to find out what is happening.
I have more computers running into this issue, JTAC isn't sure why it happens, they ultimately say reinstall Windows, which is a bit extreme to get a VPN client working.
Has anyone found any other things to try?
I'm seeing the same issues and I'm getting pissed that we bought this platform to be perfectly honest. I've had 4 tickets now all fixed by various firmwares. Don't release a product Juniper unless you have these rediculous kinks worked out. I'd say 5 out of every 50 laptops we are deploying right now are running into this issue. The only thing that I've found to work in some cases is manually running a version 1.X installer over TeamViewer and then allowing the install to update to the new version. Otherwise, I'm getting the same rollbacks and 1603 error as everyone else.
I have someone in the support group looking at it now. We've tried several things to no avail:
1. Install Juniper Installer Service
2. Install older versions of the service (this works intermittently)
3. Use the netsh commands to repair the WinSock stack.
4. Installation from standalone installers and the web based installer
I'm sure host of other things I havn't thought of yet but, they are taking a look at it. The general consensus is that there is a piece of software blocking a service or component from installing. I'm not buying it being the number of individuals out there exeriencing this. I'll keep this updated!