cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junos Pulse for Mac

Highlighted
Not applicable

Junos Pulse for Mac

I understand that over the past five years there has been a lot of progress in terms of providing support for additional hardware and software platforms including the Mac. I know there have been a few VPN clients available.

What is the most current version of Junos Pulse, and is there a version available for Mac - current? Planned?

What does the roadmap look like, starting with this past year, projecting forward about a year?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Junos Pulse for Mac

The Mac OSX pulse client has been supported for several years now. The latest version I know of is 8.1r3.2. I have this code base running on my dev box and haven't had issues with running the Mac client in testing. The main areas where Mac support get shaky are the Web interface components. The requirement for Java plugin make for a very shaky environment on anything but IE. I really hope to see an evolution of the platform as it has stagnated against the evolved browser client landscape.
Highlighted

I cannot comment on roadmap; but I can confirm that the Mac has been supported since Pulse 3.0 against both PCS (SA) & PPS (IC) appliances, with the current release being 5.1R3.2 (server release is 8.1R3.2 (PCS), 5.1R3.2 (PPS), or 5.2R1 (PPS)).
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Matt,

Thank you for the feedback. We are definitely looking into make changes to the Pulse for Mac client in the future and aware of the concerns with Java. I do not have any specific dates or timelines I can provide to you.

If you specific questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Masinick,

Is there a specific problem you are having with the deployment of Pulse?
Pulser

Thanks for joining the Pulse Secure Community!

To add to the useful responses from other community members:

Q:What is the most current version of Junos Pulse, and is there a version available for Mac - current? Planned?

A: Junos Pulse desktop client is now called Pulse Secure Client. Pulse Secure client supports the latest MAC OS versions. A detailed supported client platform guide for the latest release branch (5.1Rx) is available @ http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/pulsesecure/pulse-secure-desktop/ps-pulse-5.1r1-supportedplatforms.pdf (The documents will be transitioned to a Pulse Secure website starting August 1st)

Q: What does the roadmap look like, starting with this past year, projecting forward about a year?

A: As far as MAC OS and Pulse Secure desktop client goes we aim for day one support. Historically we have been successful in providing this for at least the main functionality and a few corner cases and known issues discovered during the last leg of internal qualification are fixed in a following maintenance release for that release train