Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junos Pulse for SSL and Mobile security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Junos Pulse for SSL and Mobile security

Hi

Can some one tell me what exactly required for SA6500 to run Pulse for SSL and for mobile security. What type of client license you require. My SA6500 are running on Cluster. I need 1000 SSL VPN user license. so in terms of Pulse, what will be the license component.is it 2x500 user license per box? or 1000user license for the cluster?

where can I find some documentation?

rgds/Lushan

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Junos Pulse for SSL and Mobile security

You do not need any licenses to run Junos Pulse. Pulse is a free client that is accessed through the SSL box itself (downloadable) for Windows PCs and through the various marketplaces for Android, WinMobile, IOS.

Pulse is considered to be a replacement for Network Connect for Windows PCs and is also the recommened interface for mobile devices regardless of whether you are offering up Web pages or VPN access.

Host check on Windows PCs is done via standard SSL host checker.

MSS (Mobile Security Suite) is seperate from the SSL box. It runs independent of SSL and can be used as a standalone product without SSL to manage and control mobile devices. It is licensed seperately. It is only for mobile devices and is delivered to mobile devices through the Pulse interface obtained from the marketplace. It is a cloud based service that is currently only offered as a "SAAS" (software as a service) - IE you can't host it (though that will change I believe.)

If your reseller knows anything about MSS they should also have an MSS license which includes the ability to give you a trial license to their MSS website so that you could test and play with it.

It also acts as the host check agent for mobile users who want to access the SSL box but you define all the settings in MSS.

I hope that provides some clarity to you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Muttbarker

Thank you for the explanation. I really apretiate.

Cheers

Lushan

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Muttbarker

Just a quick one. I got the MSS license from reseller. can you please tell me where to install them? in SSL box or in a separate server?

Cheers

Lushan

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

MSS is a cloud based service. Your reseller should have access to a site and they should create an account for your company under their site. You need to be able to login to MSS as a site administrator to fully understand and work with MSS from the perspective of using it to control your mobile devices.

We are a Juniper reseller and this is how we were trained to work with customers so that they could fully try out the tool.

Hope this information helps.