Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junos Pulse iPhone - VPN Connects but get "Request Timed Out"

Highlighted
Contributor

Junos Pulse iPhone - VPN Connects but get "Request Timed Out"

Hi,

I have setup Junos Pulse on my SA2500. I type in my username and password into the iPhone app and press connect however the VPN starts and connects but an error comes up saying after a few minutes saying "the request timed out". The VPN stays connected though.

If i try Safari and try to acces one of my servers it doesn't connect over the VPN and just fails. The status in the Pulse client shoes it has an IP from Network Connect but I just can't route anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Junos Pulse iPhone - VPN Connects but get "Request Timed Out"

Do you have routes in place for your Network Connect IPs? Is the connection type set for Pulse (desktop only) or Network Connect (desktop & mobile) on the role?

Does your user access log show you getting an IP successfully? Can you tracert to the Network Connect IP?

Highlighted
Contributor

The network connect IP pool is actually a spare range of our internal IP addresses. So yes they are routable. This IP pool was setup by the previous owner. Also NC works for windows desktop users.

The connection type is set to Network Connect on the role.

Yes, user logs on IVE shows IP address assigned.

I'm confused.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Can you succesfully tracert to the IP address from the internal network (preferably the server you are attempting to contact)? Or at least reach the IVE?

Highlighted
Contributor

Apologies but it was me being stupid. Despite checking through many times I missed the Junos Pulse role out of the Network Connect Access Policies pages. D'oh.

All working OK now. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sorry I didn't think of that one either; oops.

Congrats & glad to hear it is working. Smiley Happy