cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junos Pulse splash-screen

Occasional Contributor

Junos Pulse splash-screen

Hi there -

I've got Pulse connecting to my Juniper SA just fine, but would like to get rid of the splash-screen that always pops up when the user starts up their PC.

Just to save me trawling through the registry, has anyone found a way of doing this? If not I'll do some research and post back here.

Thanks and regards,

Andrew

8 REPLIES 8
Frequent Contributor

Re: Junos Pulse splash-screen

I would also like to disable the splash screen

Super Contributor

Slightly off-topic, but I'd like to change the default to not auto-launch the Pulse client when the user logs into their PC.

Regular Contributor

you can go to the junos pulse options on the IVE and set it to not auto launch but you will always get the splash screen and junos pulse will then only minimize to the task bar. your other option is to run msconfig and uncheck it from startup.

Super Contributor

Thanks. I guess I need to create a package that does just that.

Contributor

Hi Gents,

This is the key holding your JunOS Pulse startup trigger : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

(I'm working on 64bit W7 machine

Easy way to disable it (and find out the key value on your system) is Start > Run > msconfig > Startup ...

If you want it to start tick the box, if not untick, reboot and you're all set. I agree that Juniper should provide this option in the IVE OS or in the Pulse install package.

Thanks,

Kristof

Super Contributor

I agree. I think they designed/built the Pulse client for teleworking where if you log in, the next step is to log into the network. For those of us who don't need to be on the internal networks 8 hours/day, having Pulse running just because I logged into my local machine only benefits Kingston and Viking (and their suppliers). Also, if I'm onsite, there's absolutely NO reason for the Pulse client to load....unless the next version is integrated with the UAC 802.1x agent

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi SonicBoom -

I think I found what you're referring to - I get the options:

1) Manual startup

2) Automatic after login

3) According to location awareness rules

I've not tried this out yet, but think this might be it. I have mine now set to location aware - it checks to see if the DNS server is local or not, and whether the SA hostname is resolving to the outside address or not before starting up. I'll check this in a bit to see if it works.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks!

A.

Regular Contributor

ok i hope that works, but i think that only works after junos pulse starts and can check your dns settings then it will either drop down to the task bar idle or establish a connection, only a very limited of my users use pulse since we are still testing it so i have it set to manually by the user and removed it from startup config.