cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JunosPulse failover to NC?

SimonSigre_
New Contributor

JunosPulse failover to NC?

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to have pulse + nc as an option for clients to use?

Currently each one of our downstream sites has a profile assocaited with them... this works great with NC no matter what OS they have.. but as soon as we flick on Pulse support.. if an OSX client connects.. it no longer provides them with a NC client option .. and as there is no pulse option for OSX it just does nothing.

My question is.. is it possible to have SAs fail-back to NC if pulse isnt suitable.

2 REPLIES 2
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: JunosPulse failover to NC?

@simonsigre wrote:

My question is.. is it possible to have SAs fail-back to NC if pulse isnt suitable.

No, it is "one or the other." You will need to create 2 roles: one for Pulse and one for Network Connect. You can assign your Windows users the Pulse-based role and your Mac users the Network Connect-based role.

magrub_
Occasional Contributor

Re: JunosPulse failover to NC?

This is my way:
- I created one Pulse and one NC User Role for each of My Groups (e.g. clientVPN_group1_NC, clientVPN_group1_Pulse). Do not define any non NetConnect stuff int these Roels!
- for each Group I created one "Access Policy" and "Connection Profile" (Users->Resource Policy->Network Connect) and assigned them to both.
- If you need, create Split-tunnel- and Bandwith-profiles. You can also assing them to both User Roles at the same time
- Use the follow as Role Mapping expressions:
    For NetConnect:
        groups = "**mygroup1**" AND (userAgent = '*Macintosh*' OR userAgent = '*Linux*')
    For Pulse:
        groups = "**mygroup1**" AND NOT (userAgent = '*Macintosh*' OR userAgent = '*Linux*')

If you need more details, let me know.