Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JunosPulse : lot of disconnect

mac_load_
Occasional Contributor

JunosPulse : lot of disconnect

Dear all

We use SA 4500 platform (74r8) and JunosPulse to connect laptop client to Corporate network. The VPN is configured to used ESP type.

sometimes, users are disconnected after few minutes. Sometime, during 30mn, users are disconnected 3 or 4 times. And after, user can stay connected several hours.

Do you have an idea to investigate the problem ? Do you know if there are lot of prerequistes for this type of VPN (between laptop and SA4500 with JunosPluse client) ?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
mattspierce_
Frequent Contributor

Re: JunosPulse : lot of disconnect

Of the top of my head I would think NAT translation issues on the border gateway. I've seen dlink and netgear routers have issues when running old firmware. Also check on TCP session timeouts or limits. Do you have SSL fall back enabled? Do you have issues if you set transport to SSL only?
braker_
Frequent Contributor

If Pulse is installed on a master image that you use to build client laptops, there is a process you must follow. Failure to do so can result in random disconnects.

More information can be found here:

http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB25581

mac_load_
Occasional Contributor

Yes have SSL fail back enabled with default values. I have configured the VPN mode SSL only this morning and I will test and wait if users have the same problem with SSL mode only (before, I was in ESP mode with SSL faill back with default values)

mac_load_
Occasional Contributor

Dear all

I come back with my problem. I changed the configuration to use only SSL VPN ant not ESP but the problem is already not fixed.

I have user without problem of disconnecting and other user where sometime, user can be connecting several hours without problem and sometime, the connexion is broken many time (sometime after few minutes only)

The JunosPulse client is embadded on our master of laptop. there is a specific configuration of the JunosPulse client if the client is embadded in a master image ? Which others configuration I can check to try to understand the problem and try to solve it ?

BR