Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kiosk environments

icebun007_
Contributor

Kiosk environments

Hi Guys,

Can I have some advise on setting up a Realm for Kiosk environments?

Assuming that most of the remote clients will be Windows based, could I get away with using the Juniper Terminal Services Resource profile to create RDP connections to some Window Server hosts instead of using JAVA?

From my tests, there doesn't a major advantage using Java (except of course for non windows clients) as the remote windows PC doesn't seem to need any client software download to work with Juniper TS. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I can also see from previous threads, that Cache Cleaner is not always a necessity either.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
ben_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kiosk environments

Regarding the CacheCleaner, the question is what you want to reach. What in case of a user is storing important data on the kiosk pc manually anywhere. Then you need to use the SVW (Windows only).

Another approach would be to not allow access on such data, but it's often the case that the guys providing the content do not know who is accessing this from which location...

But in case you use TS imho both is not needed, except sharing local harddrivesor drag & drop is possible to copy data out of the TS session to the kios

icebun007_
Contributor

Re: Kiosk environments

Thanks for your comments Ben.