cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch NC When MAC OS Starts

evadlegne_
Occasional Contributor

Launch NC When MAC OS Starts

I'm looking for a way to have Network Connect launch automatically when MAC OS X starts up. I contacted support and they said there isn't a way to configure that on the SA, there is only an option for Windows. I'm wondering if if there is a way to do this from MAC OS X or a combination of the two. Any ideas?

P.S. - I am fairly new to both JSA and MAC OS but I am getting familiar with both of them pretty quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
ruc_
Regular Contributor

Re: Launch NC When MAC OS Starts

If this is a new deployment then I strongly recommend that you use Junos Pulse rather than Network Connect as Junos Pulse is the newer client offering mostly everything that NC offers and more.

With Pulse you could use location awarness to trigger the client.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

There is nothing possible on the appliance itself. You may be able to create an AppleScript that calls "network connect.app" and opens the file that way.
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

To add to what Ruc said, sorry I missed that, Pulse launches automatically & will initiate a VPN connection at boot (if configured). Using Pulse also allows for non browser-based access if Host Checker is used as well and helps avoid the dependency on Java (after installation) in general
stine_
Super Contributor

In my environments, I've set up a pulse group (in my directory server)  which is mapped to a pulse role and a NetworkConnect group (in my directory server) mapped to a NC role using the settings jayLaiz described.   This allows my Linux users to be assigned NetworkConnect and my Windows/IOS users to be assigned the Pulse client.   On the newer Pulse versions, this simply determines which launcher will be presented to the users because both clients will work.

In my case, I usually run Fedora 19, which isn't supported by the Pulse client.  When I log in, I'm presented with a Network Connect start button.   If I'm using Windows 7, I am still presented with the Network Connect start button, but I can independently use the Pulse client to connect...and it works fine (for a given value of fine...)

Depdending on how you map users to roles, this may not be a viable solution to your problem.

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Under the user role, you need to selet Junos pulse under general options to use Pulse for that role else it will use network connect client for that role.

evadlegne_
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the ideas. This is not a new installation but Pulse could still be a possible solution. Can I use it just on one user profile or do I have to use it globally?