Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lync 2010/ 2013

Highlighted
Contributor

Lync 2010/ 2013

Hi All,

I am struggling to find info regarding Lync 2010/ 2013 and what will or will not work.

We basically have 3 sets of users:-

The business users who get onto the network using NC

The business users who get onto the network using Pulse

The non-business users who get webmail (OWA 2010) through bookmarks (and this is therefore written through the IVE)

We are in the process of enabling Lync through OWA and I need to know if it will work for all of the above users? There is also the question of whether this will all work when we upgrade to Lync 2013 in 6 months.

I'm hoping someone can tell me definitively what will and will not work, and if there are work-arounds?

Thanks

Natasha

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Lync 2010/ 2013

Hi All,

Sorry I forgot to add, we are using Lync IM, Presence, Voice and Video.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Natasha

Highlighted
Contributor

I can't answer your questions about OWA, but Microsoft recomends having audio and video bypass using a VPN client.  We are having some voice quality issues, particularly when NC or Pulse fall back to SSL.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2011/11/15/enabling-lync-media-to-bypass-a-vpn-tunnel.asp...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

There should be no issues with Lync via Pulse or NC as this act as if the end user was directly on the LAN.  However, I haven't seen too many customers use Lync via the rewrite engine.