Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAG 4610 Ports

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

MAG 4610 Ports

Hi All,

I am used to deploying MAG 2600 where I only have 2 ports to work with (Internal and External).  I noticed that the MAG 4610 has three ports.

When it is in SSL VPN Mode is the 3rd port available?  I would love to have an Internal/External and then management port.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: MAG 4610 Ports

The 3rd port is a manage by port and is available only on the SM3xx blades (iirc)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi,

MAG 2600 is a base platform hence it has only 2 ports.

MAG 4610  , MAG 6610/MAG 6611  are higher end  platforms to support larger user base .

SM-160 , SM-360 blade  modules installed  on MAG 6611/MAG 6610 chassis. These all have 3 ports in it

MAG 4610 can also be deployed in SSL VPN mode.

MAG 4610 can be deployed as either SSL VPN or Infranet Controller modes.

You can use theblow Junos pulse MAG hardware guide URL to get more information on this

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/mag/guides/j-pulse-gateway-hardware-guide.pdf

Note: If I have answered your questions, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it could help others as well. Kudo will be a bonus thanks!

Regards,
Kannan

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply but this does not tell me wether I can use the 3rd port in the SSL VPN or not.  I just tells me there are 3 physical ports on the 4610 box.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The 3rd port is a manage by port and is available only on the SM3xx blades (iirc)

View solution in original post