cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAG2600: Error 76 when trying to use File Sharing on a Windows server

Highlighted
New Contributor

MAG2600: Error 76 when trying to use File Sharing on a Windows server

Ok I'm a wits end trying to figure this out. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a MAG2600 7.1R1 and I'm trying to set it up the file sharing to a Windows 2008 R2 system.

I set up the "link" through the resource profiles as described in the documentation. When I select it I see an authentication success entry in the logs on the server, but the browser interface returns File Browsing Error, and when I look in the logs of the MAG2600 I see "Failed to read Windows directory \\server.example.com\share with error 76."

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: MAG2600: Error 76 when trying to use File Sharing on a Windows server

This could happen if the Users donot have the required credentials to access the file share. You may want to check the permissions for the end users on these shares.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I granted the user full permissions to the share and the directory structure. I have confirmed that by using the same credentials on a windows 7 box, and mapping a drive to that share point. The user has no problem traversing or creating/deleting files. So I imagine that should mean the creds are good and permissions are set properlly, unless there is somwthing else the MAG2600 requires that I'm not aware of.

Thank you for responding, any other ideas? My biggest unknown right now is I'm not sure if my problem is on the windows server side or on the MAG side. I have setup file sharing hundreds of times on a windows server, but never on a MAG. So I have yet to see it in action. The setup looks pretty straight forward, but perhaps I'm missing something obvious. Anyone know of a video capture of a file share being setup on a MAG so I can run through it and see if I'm missing something?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Does the path that show exist on the server? 76 is "path not found." what does your TCP dump show?