Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAG2600 considerations

herwarth_
Occasional Contributor

MAG2600 considerations

hello,

i have a srx240 gateway, but this unit is only doing ipsec vpn.

i want to be able to use osx, iphones and because of that i need a ssl vpn solution.

some questions.

i need 1 mag2600 unit but i want to rackmount it.

there is a rackmount kit: RK1U4.

this mountkit can contain 4! mag2600 units.... but how about just mounting 1? do i have 3 gaps in the rackmount kit?

do i need the srx license? i believe it is for single sign on and only works with active directory?

local dealers don't know anything about this line...

waht else do i need besides for example a 10 user license: ACCESSX600-ADD-10U ?

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
spuluka
Super Contributor

Re: MAG2600 considerations

i need 1 mag2600 unit but i want to rackmount it.
there is a rackmount kit: RK1U4.
this mountkit can contain 4! mag2600 units.... but how about just mounting 1? do i have 3 gaps in the rackmount kit?

I have not seen this particular rack mount kit, but in general this is how multiple unit kits I've used from Juniper work.  they have a cut out on front for each device face plate.  So if you don't have a device that is an open hole.  On the back of the tray they have a place for the power supply to be secured.

do i need the srx license?

In this setup, the SRX will just be forwarding traffic to the MAG so no license is required.  The SRX is a firewall for the setup and plays no role in the remote access itself.

i believe it is for single sign on and only works with active directory?

The IVE operating system on the MAG can use a variety of authentication servers or local accounts.  You can connect this to active directory.  They you can manage your access by the use of AD groups.  You will setup role mapping from the AD group to your remote access roles that grant access to resources you setup in IVE.  This is the basic relationship for access role to resources.

waht else do i need besides for example a 10 user license: ACCESSX600-ADD-10U ?

All you need is the MAG and these user licenses on the system.  Naturally, you may also want a support contract to cover issues and hardware replacement.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro-Ethernet & ISP) - http://puluka.com/home