cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS X and Host Checker Issue

evcard_
Frequent Contributor

MacOS X and Host Checker Issue

I keep trying all different Mac OS X Web browsers and none seem to be supported, which browsers will work with Host Checker? I have tried Safari 4.1.3, an old Firefox I think 3.0, and tried 3.6.13 but have read that one should be getting this error, but they all report the same as Firefox 3.6.13 does. I did receive another error on the actual client that said I wasn't allowed to connect when I used Safari, which not the client just hangs and never attempts. the Mac is using OS X 10.4.11, not sure if that is an issue or not, and I am using 6.5R2.0 on an Active/Passive SA4000 Cluster. Maybe I am missing something as we have never supported Macs in the past but it has not become a requirement to allow through our Juniper SSL VPN Connection. Are these browsers not supported in 6.5 do I need to up to 7.0R4.0 to obtain support? Only Host Checker is active Cache Cleaner is currently disabled.

AUT23571 - Browser on host x.x.x.x is not supported for Host Checker or Cache Cleaner: User agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13.

2 REPLIES 2
cbarcellos_
Regular Contributor

Re: MacOS X and Host Checker Issue

Hi,

10.4 has support (per the supported platforms link below) so you can open a JTAC case to request support to help you with the issue you are running into.

6.5 supported platforms: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/releasenotes/SA-SupportedPlatforms-65.pdf

Do you have Java installed and working properly? Java is needed in order to launch HostChecker. The supported Java version is also listed in the link above.

evcard_
Frequent Contributor

Re: MacOS X and Host Checker Issue

Correct I know the release notes all mention Sun Java, but I also found where now Apple has their own release which if I hit Sun and do the identify it tells me I have 1.5 don't remember the patch level of it, but I do software updates and it provided a Java update yesterday and no other updates are available, so I assumed Java was all good, I did get prompted once about the Java with the allow and trust option which I allowed it through and trusted the SA by host name. I did open a JTAC support case but just wanted to make sure I wasn't running into a known bug as I saw that Firefox 3.6.13 is with Host Checker.