cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mag 4610 Session extension

Antioch_
Contributor

Mag 4610 Session extension

I see the checkbox under user roles->session options to allow users to extend sessions, but I dont see any way to configure the length of the extension. Is there some way to define how long users may extend a session for?

13 REPLIES 13
MMcD_
New Contributor

Re: Mag 4610 Session extension

Hi,

The session extension just adds on the "Maximum Session Length" to the existing session time when you click it.

I haven't seen it in any release notes that you can modify the actual extension length.

Have a read here:

http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23343

Antioch_
Contributor

Thats strange, i have my setup almost identical to the example in that article, but when my users extend there session they only get an additional 5 minutes. Why is this not working as intended? The only difference between mine and the example is my idle timer is 20 minutes instead of 10, otherwise its identical.

Antioch_
Contributor

I have opened ticket # 2014-0801-0504 on this. We are still testing, but I wanted to reach back out on these forums. I should specify the extension im looking for IS NOT on the Juniper Pulse application, it is for the web portal only. We do not use Pulse and we have no intention of using pulse. Currently when a user tries to extend there session they are only given an additional 5 minutes instead of extending it by the max session length. How can we fix this?

Kita_
Valued Contributor

We will test in our lab and get back to you on this issue.
Antioch_
Contributor

Thanks Kita. I should also mention im using the most recent firmware available, 8.0R5. The issue has been present since we purchased the device with 8.0R2

Kita_
Valued Contributor

Was it working on a previous release prior to 8.0R2? It seems I am able to replicate in 8.0R5.
Antioch_
Contributor

No it was not. Behaviour has been consistant since we purchased the dev ice. Extensions are only an additional 5 minutes instead of being the max session length. You were able to replicate only a 5 minute extension in the web portal? good to hear. Is this a bug or intended behaviour?

Kita_
Valued Contributor

I'll need to discuss this internally and get a consensus. I'll help move this forward and provide feedback by the end of next week in the case.
Antioch_
Contributor

Alright, I will continue to work with my support agent and see where it takes us. If you were able to replciate the problem, my gut tells me that this isn't going to be resolved with troubleshooting.