cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mag 4610 Session extension

Kita_
Valued Contributor

Re: Mag 4610 Session extension

I realized during testing that I am asked to extend the session, then asked to authenticate to the SA device again. If I enter my credentials, this will extend the session correctly. Is this the process you are going through? If I just click that I want to extend the session and do not authenticate again, this will only extend the session for a few minutes.
Antioch_
Contributor

When a session is close to timing out I have the option to extend the session, but its only a popup box with an ok or cancel button, I dont have any options to enter credentials again, even if I did this is undesirable. The pulse client software allows a session extension without needing to enter credentials, so the web portal should function the same.

Antioch_
Contributor

I just heard back from Juniper support on this. Looks like it will be treated as a bug. I dont have a definitive answer on when/if this will be adddressed, but they are working on it.

Antioch_
Contributor

Got another update from support today on this. Apparently this is "working as intended" as session extension is only applicable to the pulse client. What doesnt make sense to me is that the web session offers an extension at all if it isnt supported. If it isnt supported then there should be no option whatsoever for web session extensions, but there is. It should be trivial to change how long it is since the feature is already implemented. I pointed this out to support and I am hoping they treat this as a bug rather than an enhancement request.