cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee and Juniper have done it again: SSL-VPN stopped working

SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

Re: McAfee and Juniper have done it again: SSL-VPN stopped working

same problem here,  Mcafee16.x is supported since a few ESAP updates ago but McAfee released 16.1 a couple weeks ago and AV checks are now broke. This affects home users so I don't have a copy of the McAfee software and don't have time to work with support so hopefully this gets fixed soon. This happens too much.

Dan

scoutt_
Contributor

An update for those of you that find this has broke like us. I do have a support ticket open and we are narrowing down the problem.

Zanyterp, I have "all" Antivirus products selected.

SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Scoutt, hope support is able to get this figured out asap with your help.

Dan

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

thanks, scoutt. are you seeing error messages that the AV can't be found?

interesting failure point behavior

scoutt_
Contributor

Latest update:

It appears to be an OPSWAT issue. The problem is that Host checker doesn't see RTP enabled and the dat version. I am told it should be fixed in the next ESAP update 2.3.3, tentativley Feb 15th.

Maybe this update will fix another problem that we have with McAfee 8.8 where it doesn't see RTP being enabled on some machines.

SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

are you kidding me???? 2.3.3 is out and I see nothing in the release notes about a mcafee 16.1 fix? It's been 2 months!

SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

scoutt -

Has Juniper responded to you about McAfee yet? I can't believe it takes months for this to be resolved, very frustrating.

Dan

scoutt_
Contributor

You are correct Dan, ESAP 2.3.3 still does not fix teh problem. Tech is still looking into it. Yes, it is very frustrating that it is taking so long to fix, but the product that needs fixed is not a Juniper product, OPSWAT, which they do not control.

scoutt_
Contributor

hey guess what, they still haven't fixed in with 2.3.5. OPSWAT is still troubleshooting the problem and they cannot reproduce the issue. So the case is still open. I am seeing a similiar issue with McAfee 15.6.245 as well. Very frustrating

SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

ya... I can't believe this, it has been almost 3 months since the update and they can't figure it out.