Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate SA2500 config to MAG4610

SOLVED
taib charkaoui_
New Contributor

Migrate SA2500 config to MAG4610

I need to migrate from a pair of SA2500 SSL VPN devices to a pair of MAG4610 devices. I know that juniper have listed the MAGs as the replacement solution for this.

I would like to know:-

• am i able to directly migrate the configuration from the SA2500s to the MAG4610 devices (export config from SA to MAG?)
  • what are the restrictions on migrating the configs (do both have to be on the same version of firmware?)
  • am i able to directly migrate any certificates from the SA2500 to MAG4610 devices
  • is there a migration guide from the SA2500 to the MAG4610

appreciate the assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kita_
Valued Contributor

Re: Migrate SA2500 config to MAG4610

Migration guide can be found at: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/guides/howtos/SA-to-MAG-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

• am i able to directly migrate the configuration from the SA2500s to the MAG4610 devices (export config from SA to MAG?)  Yes
  • what are the restrictions on migrating the configs (do both have to be on the same version of firmware?).

Configuration import must be done on the same or higher version.  Import is not allow on a lower version.  The recommendation is to ensure both devices are on the same version.

• am i able to directly migrate any certificates from the SA2500 to MAG4610 devices.  Yes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kita_
Valued Contributor

Migration guide can be found at: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/guides/howtos/SA-to-MAG-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

• am i able to directly migrate the configuration from the SA2500s to the MAG4610 devices (export config from SA to MAG?)  Yes
  • what are the restrictions on migrating the configs (do both have to be on the same version of firmware?).

Configuration import must be done on the same or higher version.  Import is not allow on a lower version.  The recommendation is to ensure both devices are on the same version.

• am i able to directly migrate any certificates from the SA2500 to MAG4610 devices.  Yes.

View solution in original post

taib charkaoui_
New Contributor

Thanks Kita, much appreciated.