I'm trying to figure out how Network Connect will work in an Active/Active multi-site clustering configuration. Since most of the configurations apply to the whole cluster, how do I set two different address pools for each site.
Also, other than an external load-balancer or RR DNS solution, do I need to do anything on the back side to control how Network connect or other features route to the correct box?
Thank you ,
You can control the IP address that is being leased by individual nodes in a cluster.
1) Goto System->Network->Network Connect
2) Set IP address filter.
This tells what IP addresses will be leased by this node in the cluster as this setting is NOT a cluster wide setting.
< please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus J thanks >
Another way, although a little more creative (no guarantuees) I had to use was the following:
- create an NC connection policy for each location, like LOCATION_NC_CPROFILE
- create a role like LOCATION_NC_USER
- now assign the role to everyone that logs on to a specific SA with a custom expression
For a user that connects in Paris, France:
- User is mapped to role FR-PARIS_NC-USER by MApping rule with custom expression 'Loginhost=192.168.1..1'
- FR-PARIS_NC-USER is assigned the FR-PARIS_NC-CPROFILE with 192.168.10.0/24 network and all other options, like location-specific proxy, DNS etc etc.