cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Site Clustering and Network Connect

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Multi-Site Clustering and Network Connect

I'm trying to figure out how Network Connect will work in an Active/Active multi-site clustering configuration. Since most of the configurations apply to the whole cluster, how do I set two different address pools for each site.

Also, other than an external load-balancer or RR DNS solution, do I need to do anything on the back side to control how Network connect or other features route to the correct box?

Thank you ,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Multi-Site Clustering and Network Connect

You can control the IP address that is being leased by individual nodes in a cluster.

1) Goto System->Network->Network Connect

2) Set IP address filter.

This tells what IP addresses will be leased by this node in the cluster as this setting is NOT a cluster wide setting.

< please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus J thanks >

Contributor

Re: Multi-Site Clustering and Network Connect

Another way, although a little more creative (no guarantuees) I had to use was the following:

- create an NC connection policy for each location, like LOCATION_NC_CPROFILE

- create a role like LOCATION_NC_USER

- now assign the role to everyone that logs on to a specific SA with a custom expression

Example:

For a user that connects in Paris, France:

- User is mapped to role FR-PARIS_NC-USER by MApping rule with custom expression 'Loginhost=192.168.1..1'

- FR-PARIS_NC-USER is assigned the FR-PARIS_NC-CPROFILE with 192.168.10.0/24 network and all other options, like location-specific proxy, DNS etc etc.

Good luck!

Smiley Happy