cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicast 2Mbit limit too low for HD video management system?

New Contributor

Multicast 2Mbit limit too low for HD video management system?

Is it possible to get rid of 2Mbit multicast bitrate limit? We would like to use Pulse with video management system with uses HD IP-cameras. This application would be need atleast 4 cams x ~3.5Mbits=~14Mbits bandwidth. With one camera it seems to work quite nicely (because error correcting I guess :-).

Would this be possible somehow?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Multicast 2Mbit limit too low for HD video management system?

Not on the product as it is; I would recommend working with your account team for an enhancement request with the PLM team
New Contributor

We tried - but without any response from PA. In Finland there is no local sales team so, any ideas how this enhancement request would go trough?

I will check on if I can find a resource in your area that you may be able to reach out to
Not applicable

Question - how did you arrive at the 2mbit limit issue?
We are also trying to use multicast and ran into issues were we could hear audio but not see video (only a green screen)
Thanks
New Contributor

We tried to view IP-cameras trough client software and stream was laggy/choppy and logs show frame drops (bitrate is ~3.5Mbits so ~2Mbit gets trough and picture is rendered, that green screen indicates too high drop rate).

With higher bitrates we couldn't get video at all.
New Contributor

Up