cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC connect Server IP if multiple IP pools are to be assinged from multiple roles

NOC_NOC_
Occasional Contributor

NC connect Server IP if multiple IP pools are to be assinged from multiple roles

as we need to assign an IP address for the NC server so my question is that what would be the NC server IP if we are assigning IPs from different subnet pools configured under different roles.

5 REPLIES 5
VVJ_
Contributor

Re: NC connect Server IP if multiple IP pools are to be assinged from multiple roles

I believe this doesnot really matter. The NC Server IP should ideally be a non routable IP on your network.

stine_
Super Contributor

Re: NC connect Server IP if multiple IP pools are to be assinged from multiple roles

Why should it be non-routeable? or shoud it simply not be used for anything else?

It can be quite alarming to receive a dhcp address from a server address that doesn't exist...at least to me.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

The NCserver IP needs to not be routable to prevent miscommunications. We have seen some success as long as it is just not used, yes
stine_
Super Contributor

If my SA's internal interface is 10.10.126.38/24 and my NCServerIP is 10.10.126.37, what can happen?

I would think that the capture code for this is above the general routing/forwarding code Or is it the case that a valid arp entry for this address (from the internal interface) breaks the interception code? Which would make sense.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

for the IPs you shared, as long as nothing tries to send the traffic to the server IP and it is not valid on the network, you will be fine and nothing negative is expected to happen. the failiures we have seen are when the server IP exists on the network.