Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC packet logging

jyuen_
Occasional Contributor

NC packet logging

Hi,

The release note said the NC packet logging has been removed. Does that mean we could no longer capture NC activities? So far on IVE 6.x, it only keep track of IP address that user is assigned when using NC, and nothing more, is that correct?

Jack

7 REPLIES 7
alan_
Contributor

Re: NC packet logging

I've put my IVE's inside interface behind the firewall to get logging with NC.
jyuen_
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Do you mean you use the firewall log to track down NC usage instead of the log come with IVE?

Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

I use V6 and have Syslog setup to send System Stats, System Errors, Logins/Logouts, Admin Access, etc to a free syslog server.

Under sytem, go to Log Monitoring. Go through all the tabs and click settings to choose what you want logged.

I'd suggest sending these logs to syslog and have a new file generated every day but you can also login and look at the logs in the GUI. If this doesnt work for you, something is wrong and I'd open a case.

alan_
Contributor

Yes, syslog can catch system info fine. I believe the question was to capture user activity - and this is not captured by the IVE for NC because it is a layer 3 connection (not a proxy like WSAM).
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

I moved the inside interface of my ive out of the dmz because it was adding too much overhead on my firewalls.

The only thing I can think of is Netflow. If your users are going through a Cisco Router you should be able to get some good Netflow stats on top conversations, top talkers, etc.

rdit_
Regular Contributor

well i upgraded to 6.3r6.1 and theres no more logging at the nc window...a client-side logging is still written at the userprofile and the c: partition (debug.log) but its not getting displayed at the NC-log window anymore...so why's that tab still available and why did they remove this feature? the option is now totally useless, just not working.

alan_
Contributor

6.5 code adds logging to NC. Wait for 6.5R2 - early December.