Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC scripts

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

NC scripts

Hi all,

is it possible to distribute user/machine certificate using NC script?

i'm planning to deploy pki infrastracture to my company and wondering how can i distribute the certificates for my travelling agents around the globe,

if any of you done it already please share your knowledge

rock the boat , dont sink the ship
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: NC scripts

If that is something that can be scripted, I can't think of a reason why you couldn't do that; but I'm not sure that is the best approach. If you did this the script would run each time users logged in and launched Network Connect (unless you were using machine certificates and doing Host Checker to enforce that the certificate was present and give a role without the script if present and a different role if the certificate was not present).

Is providing users a link on the IVE home/landing page that users would create the browser certificate themselves not an option? Or is the goal to reduce end-user involvement as much as possible?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi player,

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the script would look like. I don't know how much of the certificate generation process can be scripted to reduce user interaction; this would be better answered by Microsoft or the script software you are using.

The script just has to be of the .exe, .cmd, or .bat file. If you can't do it using one of these commands, you can call another script from this type and that should work.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

The purpose is minimum end-user involvement as much as possible i will perform basic HC policy

untill all my users be "pki enabled" and then enforce the user/machine certificate.

how will the script look like inorder to automate the process as much as possible

thanks,

rock the boat , dont sink the ship