cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWC24328 error

dtlam76_
Contributor

NWC24328 error

Ive seen this error over and over again and it seems to be causing network connect to drop the session and attempt to reconnect. Does anyone have insight on where to look to resolve this?

I am thinking it's an aircard issue or a local wifi network issue or maybe even a sms policy update on mcaffee that is causeing network connect to drop the vpn session.

4 REPLIES 4
firewall72_
Frequent Contributor

Re: NWC24328 error

Hi,

I would recommend check two settings. First, go to Users, Resource Policies, Network Connect, NC Connection Profiles. Check to see if ESP is selected. If it is already selected, try changing it to NCP. Second, check to make sure if you're using ESP UDP port 4500 is open in each direction and that you don't have local Firewall or client blocking it. Let me know if this helps.

-John

dtlam76_
Contributor

Greetings John,

I went to my Resource Policies Network Connection profile as you instructed and the transport mode is set to ESP udp port 4500.

My question would be if I were to change it to oNCP/NCP and use tcp/443 would the transistion be seamless meaning will the users notice much of a difference.

In addition, I don't maintain the firewall for our enterprise so how would I got about checking if UDP port 4500 is open on both sides without a current user session?

firewall72_
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Well since you have clients making the connection, I would lean towards trying NCP. There is a slight performance hit, but I don't think it will be noticeable. I would schedule a maintenance window and test. This should help determine what the problem is and may resolve the issue.

-John

ruc_
Regular Contributor

I have never seen 24328 error. Any chance you can note the exact error message? And also look at the client logs (around the timestamp of the disconnect) to see if there is anything intresting?