cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netconnect: Time to separate client and switch upgrades

Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

Netconnect: Time to separate client and switch upgrades

At first glance a VPN with a autodeplying client sounds like a great idea, right ? Now think about a company like mine that has 2,000 + remote users and a Help-Desk of 10 people. When the switch code is upgraded, the client code is upgraded, which leads to about 200+ calls all at once.

The problem is two-fold:

1. The forklift only method of upgrading is too much change at once.

2. The NetConnect upgrade process is flawed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've spoke with other users who echo the same issues.

It's time to fix the install process, focus on NetConnect reliability not blindly adding features, and separate the client upgrade from the switch upgrade.

1 REPLY 1
privatepile_
Contributor

Re: Netconnect: Time to separate client and switch upgrades

Perhaps you should consider the helper service:

The Juniper Installer Service is designed for customers that have computers (windows based OS only) on which the end users do not have administrative/adequate privileges, however are required to install IVE/SA client side components like Network Connect or WSAM which require elevated privileges.

http://kb.pulsesecure.net/CUSTOMERSERVICE/index?page=kbdetail&record_id=0244022611e8310108012c3c190035e7

IVE admin (Maintenance > System > Installers

I believe 6.0+ offers this as an MSI, so you should be able to deploy with group policy.