cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netword Connect installation

Not applicable

Netword Connect installation

Hi,

We have a customer that are hosted by a company running Secure Access SSL VPN.

I've logged in to the website and have downloaded the Network Connect setup file.

When I run the JuniperSetupClientInstaller.exe (file version 7.3.1.26369) it completes the unpacking and places the files in C:\Users\Patric\AppData\Roaming\Juniper Networks\Setup Client\

After that it executes the JuniperSetupClient.exe.

JuniperSetupClientOCX.exe and JuniperSetupClientOCX64.exe asks to be runned and I press Yes.

When I look at the Processes under Task manager I see JuniperSetupClientOCX and JuniperSetupClientOCX64 appearing and quickly disappearing. JuniperSetupClient and JuniperSetupClientInstaller are still running.

I let them run for perhaps 20 minutes without anything else happening.

I've tried running JuniperSetupClientInstaller as administrator without success.

I've tried re-installing Java.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and I have administrator rights on the computer.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Patric

6 REPLIES 6
Respected Contributor

Re: Netword Connect installation

What do you see when you launch network connect? Those files you listed are not the network connect installer (ncinst.exe)
Super Contributor

Hi Patric,

Have you tried installing the setupclient by accessing the link https://SAUrl/dana-cached/sc/JuniperSetupClientInstaller.exe through the browser.

Regards,

Jay

New Contributor

Hi zanyterp,

My application for the JNet was denied for some reason so I hade to create a new forum profile.

I download the JuniperSetupClientInstaller.exe from the SA URL and then I run it.

The Nullsoft Installation program unpacks the files to the path I mentioned in my last post.

After that I have a few EXE-files, the ones mentioned in my last post. It executes the files in that order and then nothing happens.

I don't even have a ncinst.exe file after the extraction.

New Contributor

Hi Jay,

As I said to zanyterp my application for the JNet was denied for some reason so I hade to create a new forum profile.

And I downloaded the file throught the browser via the SA Url I logged in to.

It just doesn't work...

Super Contributor

Hi Patric,

Attached the installer file for Network connect for 7.3r3, see if this installs properly

Thanks,

Jay

Regular Contributor

Re: Network Connect installation

FYI: What you installed originally is the background installer service that allows things like Network Connect to download and install without local admin rights when you connect to the VPN via a web browser. In this case if Network Connect has been configure to auto launch there should be no need to manually install it.