cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect 7 and 8 simultaneously

New Contributor

Network Connect 7 and 8 simultaneously

Hello,

i have a little problem with Network Connect here. We have multiple customers where we get remote access to their VPN networks. We now have the problem, that we have one customer who uses Network Connect 7.0.0 and one who uses Network Connect 8.1.
I had already 7.0.0 installed and then added the 8.1 version. This setup will work for the 8.1 customer, but i cannot connect to the 7.0 customer any more, neither with NC 7.0 nor NC 8.1.
If i uninstall NC 8.1, i can connect to the 7.0 customer again, but of course not to the 8.1 customer any more.

Is there any possibility to connect to both, either with separate or with one software, without having to uninstall/install something every time i switch between them?

With best regards,
Julius Meyer
5 REPLIES 5
Contributor

Re: Network Connect 7 and 8 simultaneously

We ran into a similar issue. I think we figured out it was the setup client and no real workaround was found. You could try using the Pulse client instead. It's not server version dependent.
New Contributor

Unfortunately it seems like i cannot download the Pulse Secure Client. I tried and registered on juniper.net, but since i do not have any serial number, i am not allowed to download the client.
I guess i could only ask our customers, who have the Juniper VPN licensed, to download the client and send it to me?

Unfortunately, no, it is not possible to have both clients working simultaneously at this time.
You will need to uninstall the JuniperSetupClient & PulseSecureSetupClient between connections to allow the appropriate one to be on the system and available.

If one of your customers can provide the Pulse Secure client, yes, that should work
New Contributor

Oh well, in this case i hope i don't have to switch between them too often.

Thank you all for the informations!
Highlighted

You are welcome; sorry I didn't have more positive information for you.