Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect Issue with OS X Mavericks, Safari 7.0 and Java 7 Update 45

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Network Connect Issue with OS X Mavericks, Safari 7.0 and Java 7 Update 45

Hi Guys,

It looks like there is some compatibility issue with the Network Connect installer, Java and Safari 7 in Mavericks.  Safari forces the 45 Update on you, and then it attempts to re-install Network Connect, which fails with the obscure:

NC Error

"Installation failed, possibly because this installation program is out of date with the server.  Please restart your browser and try again"

The workaround at this stage appears to be to launch NC via Firefox (?!!) which uses the same Java version, so it might be more of a Safari issue.

I'll let you know if I find a solution.

EDIT: Added Error text to help out search engines

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Network Connect Issue with OS X Mavericks, Safari 7.0 and Java 7 Update 45

I am seeing the same issues with Maverick and the latest java update with network connect.  You may want to try the workaround provided in https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-connect-secure/213549-host-checker-incompatible-with-mave...

This seem to resolve a majority of the issues I am seeing with Maverick.  I have not been able to replicate the specific error message you are receiving.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Not applicable

Which version of code are you running on your Secure Access platform?

Occasional Contributor

This one is a customer's running 6.5R4 (yeah I know).  Looks like it isn't Mavericks, but the Apple Safari Update (6.1 on pre OSX 10.9, 7.0 on 10.9), because both are now failing.

Might have to convince them to upgrade and see how we fare.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is there a version of code which supports Mavericks & the latest version of Safari?

Thanks

Highlighted
Not applicable

I'm running OS X Maverick connecting to a SA 2500 running 7.3R8 able to connect but get the following error on the network connector.  Java 7 Update 45 is loaded.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I am seeing the same issues with Maverick and the latest java update with network connect.  You may want to try the workaround provided in https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-connect-secure/213549-host-checker-incompatible-with-mave...

This seem to resolve a majority of the issues I am seeing with Maverick.  I have not been able to replicate the specific error message you are receiving.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kita - your link doesn't work, but I found the thread - for those that need it go to Safari menu, then Security / Manage Website settings then go down to Java plugin.

Select the URL of the SA box and set it to run in Unsafe mode / Always allow.

NC will now start working again

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have already gotten past the problems above.

Is anyone else having issues after Network Connect is running for 1-5 minutes when it just stops forwarding packets?

Looks like it is related to the fact that we donÕt allow Split Tunneling and the client is unable to update the routing table now for some reason. IÕve tried running it with sudo open Network\ Connect.appÓ and remove all extended attributes from itÉ turning off the safety mechanisms in System Preferences->Security->AnywhereÉ canÕt think of anything else and am assuming that Mavericks changes the way the routing table is update.

I REALLY cannot believe Juniper hasnÕt released a client that works based on the Mavericks developer releases over the past few months. Though looking around, looks like we are running 7.1 and not 7.4r4 that came out back in AugustÉ wonder if it works with that version.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue as jaym. Network Connect connects fine, I can hit boxes in my data center, then nothing. We do allow Split Tunneling, so I don't think that is the issue. I'm using 7.3.4 (24309). Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Have you tested Pulse? Recently moving to Pulse solved a Windows 8.1 issue we had.