Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect Issue with OS X Mavericks, Safari 7.0 and Java 7 Update 45

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Network Connect Issue with OS X Mavericks, Safari 7.0 and Java 7 Update 45

I haven't tested this but we have had users complain about the packet loss issue or just a dropped connection randomly and this fixed worked for them.

Right click on the Network Connections application and choose Get Info. You'll see an option to check "Prevent App Nap", make sure it's checked.

Again, I can't confirm this works yet because I haven't had any of these problems but it might be worth a try.

Good luck.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@evadlegne Thanks for the suggestion. I'll test and report back.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Preventing App Nap does not resolve the issue. Same behavior. I've opened a ticket with Juniper support. We'll see where that goes. Frustrated.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I can also confirm that disabling app nap does not solve the problem.  It still stops routing traffic after a few minutes.

IT dept. warned me not to upgrade to Mavericks until Juniper issued a fix - tried anyway.  Guess I've gotta install a second OS for a little while.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I've seen issues if back to mac is enabled on iCloud settings. This is due to back to mac and pulse utilizing the same virtual adapter name. This should not affect nc users.

Try disabling back to mac to see if this helps with pulse users. We are working on a code change to prevent this issue.
Highlighted
Not applicable

This doesn't work either. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm new here but this is the issue that brought me to the forum.  Since upgrading to Mavericks, Network Connect or Junos Pulse 4.0R5 both exhibit the network freeze about a minute after establishing the VPN.  If I select "Suspend" on the Junos Pulse top bar icon, networking resumes, but if I select "Resume," the same issue occurs a minute later.  I'm not familiar with the configuration of our Juniper VPN, but I believe split-tunneling is enabled.  

All the VPN tools worked great on Mountain Lion, and Junos Pulse works great on the iPad.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

I have tesed three OSX Mavericks and all is failing with newest update suggested by Apple. (Mac book pro and two Mac Mini).

Tested with NC/Virtual Appliance 7.4R3 (build 25351) and 7.2R1.1 (build 20761)

Mavericks 10.9, Safari 7.0 (9537.71), java 7 update 45 (no split tunneling)

The NC client never installs via browser Safari or firefox (java applet). If the NC client is installed on the system or if manually installed via NetworkConnect.dmg it will authenticate and start but any network connection stops after very short time - like described by jaym.

I have tried Safafri -> preferences ->

NO Block pop-up windows 

Allow Plug-ins
    Manage Website Settings ... -> Allow Always (for vpn website) and Run in Unsafe Mode

I have also tried Java 1.6 JRE

... and all kind of strange suggestions out there.

I have version 7.3R8.0 and 7.4R5.0 and will try and test that but I don't think that's the issue. Are there any attention to this?

Best regards,
Martin Schi¿tz

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

"Prevent App Nap" as suggested by evadlegne dosn't work.

Cheers!

Martin

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Some info on Mavericks, which is not yet currently supported: http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=kb28278