Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect Issue with OS X Mavericks, Safari 7.0 and Java 7 Update 45

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Network Connect Issue with OS X Mavericks, Safari 7.0 and Java 7 Update 45

Finally convinced IT to ship me Pulse 4.0R6 and everything is working fine for me also.  I had scavenged a 4.0R5 installer off our file share and it had experienced the same issue.  The R6 release notes do mention a fix specifically for Mavericks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

For Mavericks support, please see http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/releasenotes/j-sa-sslvpn-7.4r7-supportedplatforms.pdf (note that Network Connect is not supported, as previous references to the KB on the launch issues indicates)
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm currently running gateway version 7.4R7 on my test gateway trying to get a couple Mavericks workstations functioning properly. I've downloaded the Junos Pulse 5.0 client and am experiencing issues connecting to the gateway. Everytime I try to connect from Pulse, the profile disappears and then reappears when it tries to connect again. The client never seems to connect.

Any one experiencing this issue?

Jonathan Hutcheon

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We are on 7.4R6, running 4.0.6 Pulse and we don't have any problems like that. We started rolling it out to our users running Mavericks and they haven't complained of any issues with it...yet. It's been about two weeks we've been using. I've been using it heavily myself and haven't had any problems. I know this post might not help you but I wanted to let others know on here things are looking good, with this release anyway.

Highlighted
Not applicable

It appears that the most recent update to Mavericks has fixed this issue. I just successfully connected via Network Connect for over an hour. Let me know if anyone else is able to connect!

Highlighted
Not applicable

Disabling Back to Mac fixed Junos Pulse for me. Thanks for posting this...it's a life saver!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Now running Mavericks 10.9.2 and Junos Pulse 5.0R2.  I have removed the sysctl.conf file that the Citrix "fix" recommended and everything's working fine now.  We're no longer recommending Network Connect for Mac users, instead Junos Pulse, so that eliminates the Java dependency.  

This issue is fixed for me.