cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect Windows 8 Support

bon061000_
Not applicable

Network Connect Windows 8 Support

My users are agrivated that Network Connect 7.1 does not work with the Windows 8 preview as it did with Windows 8 developer preview. They see an nc.windows.app.23712 error. In general, it seems Network Connect is not getting an IP address from the SA VPN. Has anybody been able to find out anything about that?

5 REPLIES 5
alan_
Contributor

Re: Network Connect Windows 8 Support

Seeing the same with 7.1R6 and using Junos.

tbehrens_
Occasional Contributor

I think with the Win7 release, it took Juniper 3-4 months after RTM to support it. I wouldn't expect NC / Pulse to work on Win8 before Q4 2012 or maybe even Q1 2013.

alan_
Contributor

I did get Win 8 to work with Junos & 7.1R6 (ignore my earlier post). I need to redo from scratch. I changed the compatibility settings and "run as administrator" but not sure which one did the trick exactly yet. But the short story is it can work. Will post once I zero in on the details.

alan_
Contributor

Verified from fresh Win8 install. All you need is Java, RSA SecurID 4.1.1 (assuming you use tokens), and Junos Pulse. The Junos auto-install fails - you need to manually install. Then just fire up Pulse and connect - no browser necessary.

Running 7.1R6 and Pulse 2.1 Pulse.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

that message specifically neans thre was a problem with a portion of the config at the client. what does the client show in the logs? and it (win8) is not yet released as a production software; it is very possible things changed between builds that broke something. i know compatibility is being looked at, but vendors can, will, and do make changes up through release that prevent things from working.