cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect and Pulse

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Network Connect and Pulse

I've never set up a SA Gateway and hence this question.

Given that Network Connect is not formally supported on MAC 10.10 and there appears to not be a browser that will support java post December 2015 is it possible to use Pulse as a client without reconfiguring the SA gateway? I've tried Pulse to my existing NC Gateway and it simply fails with the response of invalid credentials. Obviously they are not so I'm suspecting that to use Pulse someone needs to reconfigure the SA Gateway. Short of pulling down the config manuals myself I was hoping that some one could respond?
2 REPLIES 2
Contributor

Re: Network Connect and Pulse

Hi there. Pulse Connect Secure v8.2 and Pulse Policy Secure v5.3 (both not yet released) will contain new functionality called "PSAL" (Pulse Secure Application Launcher) that will take the place of Java in certain environments (OSX, Windows 10 Edge browser, and Chrome browser). PSAL will be the component responsible for launching the Pulse Client via the browser without Java.

So, the long-term solution for moving away from Java is to upgrade your gateways to the versions I mentioned above. For timeframes for these releases, please consult your authorized support representative.

If support for NC on OSX versions 10.9 and later is a priority for your organization, please again consult your authorized support representative to formally register your interest in this feature.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Network Connect and Pulse

Thanks for the reply.

I did end up contacting our enterprise admin to discuss the situation of java, nc, lack of support for apple mac past 10.9 and they appear to on top of addressing the issue. Their solution here is to be moving away from Juniper altogether and migrating to a different platform completely. Guess I'll see what eventuates over the next few months. NC has worked well for us but I guess its days are now numbered.