cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect and SQL 2005

Highlighted
Contributor

Network Connect and SQL 2005

Has anyone else seen an issue when using Network Connect that they are unable to connect to a SQL 2005 server?

We have an issue where we cannot write to any SQL 2005 server over Network Connect, but the Cisco VPN connection works. We also cannot use SQL query analyzer to connect to SQL 2005.

I can telnet to the SQL 2005 server over port 1433 and connect to any SQL 2000 and 2008 server using any method. It just seems specific to SQL 2005.

I think it is an issue with how our DBA's have the SQL servers confiogured, but want to rule out Juniper NC to confirm.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Network Connect and SQL 2005

Not yet. Do you see anything odd when you look at the traffic on the Network Connect adapter with a TCP sniffer? Are the DBA folks willing to work with you and run a sniff on their server(s) to make sure the data is being handled appropriately on their side?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

OK; sorry I don't have anything useful. Can you send me a private message with the case number, please? I would like to take a look (no promises that I'll find anything, but if it is ok with you, I would like to see).
Highlighted
Contributor

I uploaded a ton of logs, TCP dumps, wiresharks traces and policy traces to JTAC for review. So far my DBA's are pushing back as it being a Juniper sisue adn really are not willing to work too hard on the issue.

I was hoping someone may have come across this in the past