cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect proxy

SOLVED
Contributor

Network Connect proxy

Can anyone explain the scenarios in which you would use the proxy config for the Network Connect Connection Profile? We use a wpad.dat file for the proxy configuration on all users systems. This is configured in IE for each computer (Use automatic configuration script). In this configuration is the Network Connect proxy needed and if so why?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Network Connect proxy

You would definitely need to use proxy settings in NC profiles if the user needed different proxy settings to reach the SA (to establish the NC session) and to reach web servers once the NC session was started. For example, consider the case where a user is inside another enterprise's network. That user would need to use proxy settings for that network to go outbound to reach the SA. Once the NC session was established, the user would need proxy settings consistent with the target network to allow them to reach web destinations in (or through) the target network.

My business requires that all VPN users be restricted by our Internet restrictions on our outbound proxies if using a business-provided computer. The only way for me to do that is to ensure that they use our business's proxies once they have established a NC session.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super Contributor

You would definitely need to use proxy settings in NC profiles if the user needed different proxy settings to reach the SA (to establish the NC session) and to reach web servers once the NC session was started. For example, consider the case where a user is inside another enterprise's network. That user would need to use proxy settings for that network to go outbound to reach the SA. Once the NC session was established, the user would need proxy settings consistent with the target network to allow them to reach web destinations in (or through) the target network.

My business requires that all VPN users be restricted by our Internet restrictions on our outbound proxies if using a business-provided computer. The only way for me to do that is to ensure that they use our business's proxies once they have established a NC session.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

I knew there had to be some scenarios for it's use but couldn't think of any until your post. Thanks for the feedback!