cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect server side IP address

aweise_
Contributor

Network Connect server side IP address

What is this used for? I've read KB9650 that says it's only used for Network Connect server side internal implementation purposes and not exposed to the client at all. This also shows up as the DHCP server to the client in the ipconfig /all output.

Is there a way to remove this? Does this have an effect on DHCP somehow? We're using an internal DHCP server to assign IP addresses to the remote clients, so that shouldn't come into play here.

5 REPLIES 5
Kita_
Valued Contributor

Re: Network Connect server side IP address

Hello aweise,

The network connect server ip address is used only between the network connect client and IVE within the tunnel. Since the point-to-point protocol requires two ip's address (one from the client and one from the IVE), the IVE uses a static ip address (network connect server ip) for all NC connection. This also avoids consuming addtional ip addresses per NC connection.

This should have no effect on your DHCP server as long as the network connection server ip server is unique from what the DHCP server is assigning. Also, it is not suggest to remove it as this could cause connection issues for network connect users.

aweise_
Contributor

Kita - thank you for the reply. Am I correct in saying that it's simply a logical address (akin to a loopback IP address on a firewall or Cisco router)?

Kita_
Valued Contributor

This can be similar to a loopback as the nc server ip address is not tied to any specific hardware. Since it is used only within the tunnel, no devices outside the tunnel should be able to see it.

siva87_
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I have a case where i am facing high latency when trying to connect to remote servers using SSLVPN from my home.

when i perform traceroute from my PC, high latency detected even on the next hop which is 10.200.200.200.

I know that this is the network connect server IP but does it means that the latency is generated from the SSLVPN box itself.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Not necessarily; but it is possible, yes.
Is this happening for all users or some or one?
What type of link (if only one) is used?
What type of connection/tunnel is used (ESP or SSL)?