Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect service Cancels VPN connection

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Network Connect service Cancels VPN connection

We currently are using the Juniper SA4000 and are having issues with Network connect immediately terminating service after establishing a VPN connection.

The end result is a nc.windows.app.23711 error message. I looked up this error and it states that this problem is that network connect disables the connection to the secure gateway due to the fact that there was a change in the clients routing table.

Apparentlythere is a file called mDNSRespnder.exe that that is installed by itunes, Flash CS3 and a few other programs that runs in the background and can be found on the taskmanager. If That is deleted network connect maintains its connection.

My question is, is there another way to get around this besides opening up the taskmanager each time and killing the executible file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Network Connect service Cancels VPN connection

Create a host checker policy to kill it. Bonjour is the program and its completely useless. See the attached picture. It's how we disable it.

I think you can also try enabling split tunneling as it will disable route monitor. That can cause other problems though.

Message Edited by Jickfoo on 09-10-2008 12:20 PM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Create a host checker policy to kill it. Bonjour is the program and its completely useless. See the attached picture. It's how we disable it.

I think you can also try enabling split tunneling as it will disable route monitor. That can cause other problems though.

Message Edited by Jickfoo on 09-10-2008 12:20 PM

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks I'll try that and let you know how it goes. Thanks for such a speedy response.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

you can just uninstall bonjor it will not uninstall anything else like your itunes or adobe just the bonjour.

Highlighted
Contributor

You can also use "access to local subnet" so that the route monitor is not implemented. Juniper is working with Apple to resolve this issue before the end of the year.

Jahmal