cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect will not work

dtlam76_
Contributor

Network Connect will not work

I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem. I am currently trying to connect to a role that is only set up for network connect.

Everytime I log in it appears that network connect is trying to set up a session but IE keeps giving me this error stating that "A network or system error occured. Please contact your admin"

I tried everything to resolve this. I uninstalled network connect and reinstalled it via a downloaded exe. from the installer option in the admin console.

and uninstalled the Juniper virtual adapter and nothing seems to work.

I need help.....

thanks.

Sid

4 REPLIES 4
JintsFan_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Network Connect will not work

Have you tried Firefox and/or a different machine?

What hardware/software are you using?

dtlam76_
Contributor

Greetings, JintsFan

I did try installing via firefox and on two other workstations and labtops. All machines are using Windows XP service pack 2 and higher with IE 6.0 or Mozilla 5.0

Whats interesting is that when I download the exe from the installer in the Juniper Admin console and install it on the local machine the same error comes up "Network error occured"

After some thought and experimentation, I went ito the program files and connected network connect only, then I opened up IE and connected with no problems.

Though this is a work around, I'm still plauged with the problem of why network connect and host checker will not install automatically?

dtlam76_
Contributor

I figured it out and thought I'd update this page so that if someone else stumbles upon it they get the complete thread.

Long story short, the problem had to do with a task in McAfee called "Access Protection" in the virus command console. Apparently it would block the HC and NC from installng from the temp file.

I simply disabled it and installed HC and NC and reinabled it as it is pushed out on our network via sms.

TRK-NKA_
Contributor

I am messing with that too, altho on the UAC.

With a std. non controlled Mcafee installation, it blocks the HC.

Annoying :-)