cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect with H.323 video and audio

drl_
New Contributor

Network Connect with H.323 video and audio

Has anyone tried using the Network Connect client and H.323 video/audio such as NetMeeting or Polycom PVX. We are on Juniper 7.0R2, Network Connect *.* and the video/audio only streams from the internal network to the Network Connect VPN client, not vice-versa. Almost like the Juniper VPN client with Network Connect can't push the H.323 video and audio stream. Hoping someone can verify it should work or doesn't. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Network Connect with H.323 video and audio

I am having the EXACT same issue. Using Polycom PVX and a couple 4500s clustered. Sometimes it works for 5-8 seconds but then I can see them but they cant see/hear me. Checking a TCP dump on both the internal interface of the SA and the client workstation it looks like the RTP traffic just plain stops from the network connect adapter but it continues to recieve from the other side.

SF_Dan_
Frequent Contributor

Try disabling QoS in the video conference software on the client workstation, that seemed to fix my issue.

Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

I use to run into a weird issue all the time. If H323 runs through a firewall like Juniper, or Checkpoint, these firewalls try to apply certain standards on the traffic type. In Juniper I think its called ALGS. You have to disable that for H323. The traffic did not comply to the standard correctly which caused all kinds of issues. In Checkpoint we had to delete the predefined traffic class H323 and create a new one just based on the port 1720 ?

H323 is also hypersensitive to NAT.

Good Luck,

Justin

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

make sure you have Enable TOS Bits Copy turned on in the role you have setup for NC

Raj909_
Contributor

We have enabled TOS for the role which provides Network Connect, however, video quality is still poor. We are trying to use Avaya One-X Communicator connecting to a SA4500 cluster running 7.0R4.

xfiquet_
New Contributor

hello

we exactly got the same problem

we were runnig IVE OS 6.2 then we decide to upgrade to 6.5r5. pbs stars when launching polcycom CMA desktop with video./audio.

it seems that this is an MTU pb .. resetting the tcp/ip stack SOLVE the problem ..

there is a bug regarding the network connect :

472355) 6. cs-nc-enduser - In some instances, when there are m ultiple interfaces, NC sets its own interface's MTU incorrectly.

this bug is fixed in 6.5r8 but that does not change the behavior...

please update if someone has tip on that.

regards

Xavier