cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connect with pre-configured login info?

SOLVED
Ken-J_
Contributor

Network Connect with pre-configured login info?

I have a request from a high-powered authority figure in my organization. :-)

Q. Is it possible to pre-configure Network Connect's login information so that the end user can just load-and-go, possibly from a script?

The end user frequently has to bring up a short Network Connect session in order to transfer data from the laptop to the datacenter, and the end user is tired of having to type login ID and password each time this happens.

Thanks for any suggestions. I couldn't come up with any potentially useful search keywords for this function.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Niol_
Contributor

Re: Network Connect with pre-configured login info?

R1:

From the documentation:

The NC Launcher allows you to initiate an NC session with a script, batch file,
or a call from an application, without using a graphical user interface.

nclauncher.exe [-version|-help|-stop|-signout] -u <user> -p <password> -url <url>
-r <realm> -c <certificate name> -d <DSID>

R2:

You can create custom sign-in pages to allow some browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) to remember to the login name. (It does not work with IE because AutoComplete is disabled if the connection is secure and page was delivered with headers or a META tag that prevents caching)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Niol_
Contributor

R1:

From the documentation:

The NC Launcher allows you to initiate an NC session with a script, batch file,
or a call from an application, without using a graphical user interface.

nclauncher.exe [-version|-help|-stop|-signout] -u <user> -p <password> -url <url>
-r <realm> -c <certificate name> -d <DSID>

R2:

You can create custom sign-in pages to allow some browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) to remember to the login name. (It does not work with IE because AutoComplete is disabled if the connection is secure and page was delivered with headers or a META tag that prevents caching)

View solution in original post

Ken-J_
Contributor

Thank you! This was just what we needed.