cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New option in 6.5 that adds the Terminal Services launch bar

abrown_
Occasional Contributor

New option in 6.5 that adds the Terminal Services launch bar

Has anyone found a way to remove the launch bar for terminal services (Remote Desktop Session)?

My users are just not smart enough for that to be there. Instead of using the bookmark they are attempting to use the launch bar and are typing in the example address, 192.168.2.3 or test.device.net instead!

I cannot find a way to remove that bar, which is silly to have if you already had a policy to not allow users to type in their own addresses to the address bar why would I want them to type in terminal server names to try and connect to nothing...

13 REPLIES 13
abrown_
Occasional Contributor

Re: New option in 6.5 that adds the Terminal Services launch bar

Well, unless I've overlooked it....there seems to be no way to remove this silly launch bar for terminal services they just added in 6.5. I don't see the point in it if you only want people to use admin created blackberries.

There isn't even a way to change the comment underneath it.

Very frustrating.

stine_
Super Contributor

I went through the XML configuration of my -2000 and did not see anything (after eliminating one section at a time) that looked like it would affect it.....

You're right, this isn't an option I'd want to provide to any restricted users (isn't this why we give them bookmarks and not Network Connect?)

abrown_
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for plowing through that. I kinda figured it couldn't be removed. Really silly that it's there.

I guess I will not be upgrading to this version until a few kinks are ironed out and this is optional.

Thanks again!

stine_
Super Contributor

No problem. But perhaps someone from SSLVPN product support could enlighten us on this new ?feature?
abrown_
Occasional Contributor

The response from juniper support was this:

The RDP launcher is a new feature introduced in 6.5R1 release code. It is enabled when you check the option to allow user to use Windows Terminal Service. If you are not using Windows Terminal Service feature under user role >> general, then please uncheck it and RDP launcher will be removed from user's bookmark page. If you are using Windows terminal Service feature, at present release it is not possible to remove it. I am working with development team if we can add a new option to allow admin to disable the RDP launcher at moment as I have seen several customer requsting the same.

123go_
Contributor

You are right in 6.5R1 it cannot be disabled, but this is going to change:

The option of enabling/disabling the RDP launch area / box will be added in IVE OS 6.5R2 by popular demand

Marcel2_
Not applicable

And when will this firmware version 6.5R2 be released??

We do have issues with it and I want to disable it.

cbarcellos_
Regular Contributor

Currently 6.5r2 is expected to be available some time around the beginning/middle of December 2009.

jl9za_
Not applicable

I'd just like to add my voice to those requesting this "feature" - ie give us the ability to remove the terminal services launch bar as soon as possible, please. The launch bar is completely inappropriate for our users and just confuses them.