cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTP

Thebigone_
New Contributor

OTP

I'm not sure if this forum is the right one to ask my question but I'll give it try :

Which OTP manufacturer is prefeerble security wise RSA or VASCO?

There is a huge price differnce between them.

SID700 or the DIGIPASS GO 3.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

Re: OTP

Never used Vasco but I can say that RSA works well with the SSLVPN. My security vendor likes ActivIdentity.

GL,

Justin

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

I would also recommend looking at the Quest Defender product. We just finished doing an eval for a customer of ours and that was our final recommendation. RSA is certainly the market share leader but we went with the Quest recommendation due to their extremely high level of customer service. It also works very well with the SSL-VPN product.

Steffen_
Contributor

Hi,

I have customers with both solutions (RSA ACE-Server, VASCO Middleware and VASCO RADIUS). All solutions work fine. The cooperation with the SAs is no issue so you shloud compare the token-products themselves.

With VASCO we had more broken tokens within the first year (5% with the GO1-tojen, 1-2% with the GO3-tokens) then with RAS.

What helps with this is the feature of VASCO Middleware that you can assign more then one token to a use. So the important people whohad to be able to login nearly akkways get two tokens.

Best regards,

Steffen

TRK-NKA_
Contributor

Both tokens solutions are good, RSA can interface with more 3rd software/platforms if you need that, if price is a factor then you should go with Vasco, I think it should be as secure as RSA. If you plan to use SMS / Virtual tokens, I believe the current solutions with SA/IVE are usefull, tho still not matured. That goes for both Authentication platforms.

Mrkool_
Super Contributor

I would say go with vasco we have over 25k users and the price diffrence between vasco and rsa is ridiculously huge. Just to give you an idea the price we pay each year to RSA just to renew the license and maintenance is more than a brand new 25k users setup for VASCO with Go 3 tokens.

Also Vasco does not charge you diffrent for diffrent types of tokens so you can pick from 26 diffrent kinds they have including the talking one Smiley Happy

ohh and we are switching to VASCO early next year.

Message Edited by Mrkool on 12-01-2008 12:39 PM