cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA 2003 and S/MIME

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

OWA 2003 and S/MIME

I just upgraded 6.5R3 on my SA-4000 in order to accomodate a 2048 bit SSL cert. However it appears to have broken some of the S/MIME capability in OWA 2003. OWA users can view signed emails fine until they install the S/MIME component to OWA in order to be able to sign emails themselves. After that, when you open a signed email, you get a error on the webpage. The error details are "length is null or not an object". The window for the email is just blank blue like it couldn't fully load. You can however see the email in the preview pane or when you click reply.

This was not happening on 6.4R4.1. I have another SA running 6.5R2 and it does not have the error. It happens on IE 6,7, or 8.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: OWA 2003 and S/MIME

Are the configurations identical between the 6.5R2 and 6.5R3 IVEs?

Would it be possible to rollback the 6.5R3 device (after saving the config), upgrading to 6.5R2 and test, then upgrade to 6.5R3?

Otherwise, I think the best bet would be to create a case with JTAC for investigation.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@zanyterp wrote:

Are the configurations identical between the 6.5R2 and 6.5R3 IVEs?

Would it be possible to rollback the 6.5R3 device (after saving the config), upgrading to 6.5R2 and test, then upgrade to 6.5R3?

Otherwise, I think the best bet would be to create a case with JTAC for investigation.

The box is in production with over 400 users so rolling back and upgrading again to R2 requires some advance planning and approval for a maintenance interval. The config for the web profile of OWA is exactly the same on both.

I have a JTAC case open on it as well.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sorry about that; I missed that it was in production or else I wouldn't have asked about the testing.

Glad to hear that the JTAC case is open for further investigation; has JTAC been able to confirm the same test results that 6.5R2 works and 6.5R3 fails?