cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA SSO with new release OS 6.4R1

hvschie_
Not applicable

OWA SSO with new release OS 6.4R1

Yesterday I updated the OS with the new release 6.4R1. After that the SSO with our Exchange OWA 2007 did not work anymore. I get the loginpage where I have to enter my credentials.

Within the SSO autopolicy there are more options in this release besides Basic Auth, NTLM and Remote SSO. I used Basic Auth with the use of the system credentials, in the new release when using Basic Auth you cannot chose to use the system credentials.

Anyone knows a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
MasonDon_
New Contributor

Re: OWA SSO with new release OS 6.4R1

Did you ever get this fixed? I am having a similar issue with OWA 2007. If I use Basic Auth, I do get logged into OWA fine, but if I click a URL or even click Logoff, I am prompted to login. I know that this is happening in OWA outside of the SA, too. If we login with domain\username, it is fine. It is when you login with just username that it requires that second authentication. I'm playing around with different RemoteSSO settings, but nothing has worked yet.
NateK_
Contributor

We just setup OWA 2007 SSO with 6.4R1...hopefully this will help as we do not have the issue you are describing:

In the IVE - Users > Resource Profiles > Web

Create a new profile of type 'Microsoft OWA 2007'

Enter the URL of your OWA server - i.e. http://yourOWAserver.yourADdomain/owa

We use the default settings from the template until we get to the Autopolicy: Single Sign-on bit

Type is Remote SSO

Resource and Post URLs are generated from OWA URL

A couple of variable changes:

DestinationURL should have the same value as your OWA server login URL

Username should be <USERNAME> (assuming you want SSO from AD/IVE login)

Password should be <PASSWORD> (assuming you want SSO from AD/IVE login)

Add isUtf8 with a value of 1

Save Changes, apply to roles, create bookmark, etc

In our setup your IVE username is your Windows AD username (no domain needed just your username).

true-player_
Occasional Contributor

that's great, but how can i use the AD password for the SSO if my second authentication is the AD?

my first authentication is a one time password server and for some reason the IVE uses the first password for the SSO.

Message Edited by true-player on 06-02-2009 07:40 AM
Message Edited by true-player on 06-02-2009 07:42 AM
Steffen_
Contributor

Hi,

to use the password of your second authentication use <PASSWORD[2]>- If the username on the second auth differs from the first. you can use <USERNAME[2]>.

...[1] refers to primary authentication which is the same as without square-brackets.

- Steffen