Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook + WSAM : Offline Address Book download

tibz_
New Contributor

Outlook + WSAM : Offline Address Book download

Hello,

Can anyone confirm that it's possible to download the offline address book in outlook through WSAM ?

We are using version 6.3 and the flow is as follow:

Outlook Client + WSAM => Juniper SA => CP Firewall => Cisco ACE (loadbalancer) => CAS Server (Client Access Server)

WSAM is configured to tunnel Outlook.exe, CP firewall is opened, packets arrive to Cisco ACE and then to the server. Some packets goes back to the SA but after few packets the connection is reset at TCP level (RST). This reset is initiated by the CAS Server. However when in the LAN or in Network Connect (going through the same ACE and CAS server), the download of the address book works correctly.

The function using the same flow/server/request type are Out of Office message and Free/Busy when scheduling a meeting. They both works even in WSAM. Only when trying to download the offline address books it remains blocked on "Offline address book is connecting to Microsoft Exchange" and it never ends...

If anyone has suggestion or could confirm that it works for him...

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Outlook + WSAM : Offline Address Book download

Is there any type of server-initiated push for this?

Do you have the domain authentication application configured? .... does it make a difference?

tibz_
New Contributor

Re: Outlook + WSAM : Offline Address Book download

As far as the expert could tell me, it's basic web request (https) from the outlook to the server, so no server-side push. But should the expert be wrong, that's why I wish someone could tell me if it's working for them or not.

For your second question I dont know. I dont understand what you are talking about.