Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA-7000V on Hyper-V. Clients connect, but no traffic passes through tunnel

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

PSA-7000V on Hyper-V. Clients connect, but no traffic passes through tunnel

Friends, I hope everyone is fairing well in these trying times. My team is rushing to roll a PSA-7000V into production to meet a surge in demand for VPN now that wide-spread shelter-in-place protocols are being established to try to blunt the devestating impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

We are upgrading from a pair of PSA-3000 hardware appliances that are now undersized to meet our demand for concurrent users.

Vexingly, our PSA-7000V rollout is stalled. Clients can connect to the PSA-7000V, but no traffic will route through the virtual appliance.  Connected clients can ping the inside interface of the PSA7000V, but they can't access any addresses downstream of the appliance. Connected clients cannot ping the PSA7000V inside network default gateway or hosts on the same network, etc...

We are running on Hyper-V.

Does anyone have experience with PSA virtual appliances on Hyper-V that might be able to offer some troubleshooting tips?

Reaching out to the community because Pulse Secure Support is currently overwhelmed by the # of customers needing help in response to the pandemic crisis.  Maybe we can solve this together, and take some of the workload off of the wonderful Pulse Secure Support team?

Kindly,

Paul from Vermont

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: PSA-7000V on Hyper-V. Clients connect, but no traffic passes through tunnel

I think this issue is now resolved.  We discovered that the PSA-7000V virtual machine was configured incorrectly. It was built with only 1 virtual processor.  We shut it down, increased the number of virtual processors to 8, powered it back up... And everything started working.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
New Contributor

Re: PSA-7000V on Hyper-V. Clients connect, but no traffic passes through tunnel

I think this issue is now resolved.  We discovered that the PSA-7000V virtual machine was configured incorrectly. It was built with only 1 virtual processor.  We shut it down, increased the number of virtual processors to 8, powered it back up... And everything started working.

View solution in original post