cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSAL failed to Launch Java Applet MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

david.griffin
New Contributor

Re: PSAL failed to Launch Java Applet MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

I am having a similar issue. I'm using 10.15.7 and Java 171. The PulseApplicationLauncher never launches from the browser. I've tried re-installing, deleting the Pulse Secure folder, etc. I've also tried it on my laptop which is running Big Sur - same issue. This was working before. Guessing it is related to Java version, but don't want to downgrade for security reasons. I would love to send you the logs so that you can take a look and assist. My workaround is using VMWare and Windows 10, which works fine, but then I can't copy and paste between the Mac and Windows. Please help.

david.griffin
New Contributor

An update on my previous post. I just downgraded to #251 (had to completely delete #271 first with sudo commands) and PulseApplicationLauncer launches now. But I do not wish to stay on an older JRE indefinately for security reasons. Please let me know once it is working with the latest JRE. Thank you. 

jspiegel
New Contributor

Come on guys, please fix this. This has been broken for over a month from the java update. It shouldn't take that long to fix these important issues, especially considering so many people are WFH! Even if I revert to Java 251, the PAL / HOB applet no longer launches or works with multiple monitors. I have to close my laptop in order to start the remote desktop on my external monitor. It's really unacceptable to take this long to fix these issues. Is anyone actually working on this??

jfrobenius
New Contributor

Same Problem here...

Mac mini M1 Big Sur

Impossible to start Application Lauchner for remote Dekstop.

Problem with Java Applet on Safari

dave_g
Occasional Contributor

Same problem here - Big Sur 11.1 - default java 

openjdk version "11.0.10" 2021-01-19

As a java dev I cannot change my default version back to 1.8 but I am surprised that if PSAL needs a specific version that it does not have a private JRE bundled as part of it's install.

dave_g
Occasional Contributor

It should be noted that I got this exact error when I ran PSAL on a clean new Virtual Machine running Big sure without any specific Java installed. 

Makes me wonder if Java is required or maybe is included with PSAL ?

Dave

zanyterp

@dave_g if you are using a java application, such as JSAM or java-based RDP connections, yes, java is required on the machine to run
i can confirm java is not included in the psal application nor is it required for psal to function
Maite.rubio
Occasional Visitor

Hi there

Any solution for that issue or it´s confirmed that PSLA is not working no longer on MacOs BigSur?

I appreciate any kind of help, I discovered some line commands about active AppletPluggins with symlinks but it doesn´t work.

Because the Applet Pluggin is installed, but it´s not active.

Anyone know if Is there any way or command to activate the Applet Pluggin on MacOs Big Sur?

Thanks

dave_g
Occasional Contributor

I have this problem as well - but I'm a 3rd party trying to connect to a customer's network. I have to go through them to get support and there are time zone issues that make progress a little slow. They are trying to make progress and the last feedback I had from the customer was that support would like me to set up a virtual machine running Mojave to test with. I tried using Apple's own instructions but when I tried to create a bootable installer on a USB drive the gatekeeper app told me that the Mojave installer was from an unknown developer and I could not get past that. I've fed this back and asked if we can continue to test using Big Sur - which is now at version 11.2

Not exactly progress - but it's being worked on.

Dave

mike362
New Contributor

Having same issue.

Chrome:  Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (x86_64)

What is the proposed resolution?